The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and the Geneva Trade Platform are pleased to invite you to join us, in person or online, to the first of a series of events themed around the role of the multilateral trading system in supporting innovative approaches to strengthening agricultural sustainability.
The opening event on September 26th at 16:00 Geneva Time will focus on discussing the practical and procedural question of how the multilateral trading system generally and the WTO specifically could go about constructively contributing to more sustainable agriculture without disrupting the existing WTO negotiations in areas like agricultural domestic support, public stockholding for food security or the Special Safeguard Mechanism.
This session will by moderated by: Dmitry Grozoubinski, Executive Director, Geneva Trade Platform
- Dominique Burgeon, Director, FAO Liaison Office with the United Nations Office (Geneva)
- Derek Carnegie, Trade Consultant and Lead Report Author
Panelists (listed alphabetically):
- Mr. Boubaker Ben Belhassen, Director, Markets and Trade Division, FAO
- Mr. Facundo Calvo, Agricultural Policy Analyst, IISD
- Dr. Edwini Kessie, Director of the Agriculture and Commodities Division & Head of the Delivery Unit, WTO
- H.E. Mrs. LE Thi Tuyet Mai, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Viet Nam to the United Nations Office, the World Trade Organization and other International Organizations in Geneva