This session looks back on the conference that was, and forward to what must still be done.
It will commence with a summation of the conference, and just some of the key ideas shared within it, from H.E Julian Braithwaite, Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom to the World Trade Organization.
Then, looking more to the future, a panel moderated by Dmitry Grozoubinski, Executive Director of the Geneva Trade Platform will ask: “Where to from here?”.
This high-level plenary will bring together the following distinguished panelists:
- Vanessa Erogbogbo, Chief, Sustainable and Inclusive Value Chains & Head, SheTrades Initiative, International Trade Centre
- Patrick Low, Fellow, Asia Global Institute; Former WTO Chief Economist
- Soumaya Keynes, Trade and Globalisation Editor, The Economist
- Richard Baldwin, Professor of International Economics at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies; Co-Director, Centre for Trade and Economic Integration
- Joost Pauwelyn, Professor of International Law at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva; Murase Visiting Professor of Law at Georgetown University Law Center; Co-Director of the Institute’s Centre for Trade and Economic Integration
This session will be simultaneously translated into French, Spanish and English (when needed) via the Interactio application, by entering the code GTW2020 (please use headphones). Open the application in your Web browser or download it for iOS Mobile App or for Android App.