This event will mark the launch of a new online database on global trade flows across the life cycle of plastics, developed by The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and researchers at the Graduate Institute, Geneva. Speakers at this event will introduce the database and provide a sample of key findings, highlighting how the database can support efforts by governments, the private sector and civil society to promote more sustainable trade in plastics and develop policies and regulations to reduce plastic pollution. The event will also include a brief tutorial on how policymakers and researchers can access and use the database.
- Diana Barrowclough, Senior Economist, UNCTAD
- Xiaohui Zhang, First Secretary, Permanent Mission of China to the WTO
- Helionor De Anzizu, Attorney (International Investment and Trade Law), Centre for International Environmental Law (CIEL)
- Sonia Blachier, Senior Data Manager, UNCTAD
- Anu Peltola, Head of Statistics branch, UNCTAD
- Carolyn DEERE BIRKBECK, Director, Forum on Trade, Environment & the SDGs (TESS)